Thursday, May 21, 2009

I don't want your tree bark, I just want some Advil.

Oh the joys of being a woman. Without going into detail, let's just say I was suffering from some lower abdominal pains the other night. Now my adorable gentleman caller being the sweetheart that he is, and really craving a Jamba Juice offered to run me out to get some Advil (the house we were at apparently never gets a headache). We decided to hit two birds with one stone and stop over at the Jamba Juice and Whole Foods on 400 South downtown. Knowing full and well it might be a hit or miss with the Whole Foods, I got in there and searched rows and rows of every herbal suplement and vitamin possible until I finally just asked a worker.

Worker: "Can I help you find something?"

Me: "Yeah, I'm just looking for some Advil."

Worker: "Oh no no, we don't sell Advil. Do you have a headache?"

Me: (Insert explanation here)

Worker: "Oh I see, well we have all kinds of things for that"

Me: "Hmmmm, ok, let's see what you've got"

Worker: "This one with tree bark is great. And this one is made from honeysuckle"

Me: (Internal monologue: I don't want your hippie, haulistic medicine, I just want some Advil) "I think I'll pass"

Needless to say I suffered a few minutes more until I hit the corner Chevron, I picked up some Advil and peeled some bark off a tree to gnaw on. At least the pain is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment